Sunday, February 20, 2011

Uh-Oh!!



I apologize for the delay in my post, but I have been pretty busy. You would think winter would keep me indoors and bored, but it has been quite the opposite. I'll quickly recap the past few months.

November - Thanksgiving was great. We had dinner at Grandma Peggy's "Mama" and Great Grandma Pat's "G-G" house. We also made the trip to Rochester, MN to Dick and Ruth's house and see family there.

December - This month had its ups and downs. Mom threw Dad a surprise b-day party and I was able to be apart of the surprise. He had no idea! We got a big, big snow storm in the middle of the month and happened to be the day I decided to get pneumonia. So we braved the weather to get me to the ER. It was scary, but we made it. X-mas was great. Lots of traveling, but well worth it. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin Aiden, which is always fun. I think everyone is realizing what a dynamic pair we make. Here are a few pictures of our X-mas trip.






January - This may be the month where everyone winds down from the holidays, but this is the month I started swimming lessons. I have my pros and cons about swimming lessons. I like that I get to spend time in what seems to be a giant bathtub with a large amount of toys with other kids, but I don't like that the toys (specifically the balls) get ripped away for a half hour while I learn to swim. I also do not like that the teacher pushes me under the water against my will. Can you believe my parents allowed this? They say it will help me learn to hold my breath under water and increase my comfort of the water, but I do not agree with them right now...maybe 10 years from now, but not today!
Overall, swimming lessons have been great. They have taught me to float on my belly and back, kick, climb out of the water, jump into the water and blow bubbles in the water. I haven't quite mastered everything, but I'm getting there. I'll have to have Mom record me at my last lesson so I can show you how much I have learned. Here are some videos from my first lesson.

February - We've had some good weather this month so I've been able to spend some time outside both at home and at daycare. I've helped Dad shovel snow and in return he's taken me for a ride on the snowmobile around the front yard. I continue to help Mom around the house. I help with laundry by putting away my socks and continue to help put dirty laundry down the shoot. I must be doing well because Mom is letting me put the clothes into the washer and dryer.

Just a couple other things I am proud of...I have been bottle-free for about 2 months and nuk-free at daycare. I still like to have my nuk at bedtime at home, but I have been able to go some night without it. I am getting really good at throwing a ball and starting to catch a little. I've been hitting a ball off the tee in the living room and getting better. I'm starting to understand what a toilet is all about. I will sit on a little toilet and say "poo," but have not actually gone. I do, however, let Mom and Dad know when I have gone in my diaper. I think they thought it was funny or cute at first until they actually looked and realized I was telling the truth. I mean really, do you think I would joke around about that?

So, there you have it...the past few months in a nutshell. Next time, I hope to write sooner than later.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting through the winter. We are in a snow storm as I write this entry and I guess we are expected to get up to 18 inches. I can tell you who will NOT be shoveling, but hopefully I will get a snowmobile ride.

Love to all,

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment